What To Expect When Relocating Your Servers
For various reasons, a business may decide to move from one location to another, it may be within the same building or to another part of the world. It is very important to pay close attention to digital infrastructure when moving a business. To relocate you data centre successfully, it requires careful and adequate planning and execution carried out by professional IT relocation experts.
If a problem occurs when relocating servers from one location to the other, it may lead to downtime(s) or cause damage that could impact the organization negatively. With the help of professionals, you get to anticipate and avoid issues and potential problems either small or big before they even turn out to be problems.
There are two aspects while moving and they are
- The information move.
- The physical move.
The need to plan adequately cannot be overstated enough, because by moving so many parts, the possibility of something not working is on the high side. In the event such happens, you need to know steps to take to reduce downtime as much as possible. You need to know how long your downtime should be, for those that cannot afford downtime of any sort, they need to know the amount of infrastructure they can duplicate to ensure a smooth transition.
When moving, the best option is to only move equipment’s that absolutely has to be moved. IT relocation experts would do a cost benefit analysis for you, they may often suggest that brand new equipment in your new location is the safest option and are happy to organise the migration for you. This option however is more suited towards businesses that have huge funds at their disposal, so for those that have to physically move equipment, click here for my recommended IT relocation company who are based in Melbourne.
Enlisting the services of IT relocation service experts would help in greatly reducing downtime and would also help in setting up and getting all the systems running as fast as possible. Some of the things that you would be helped with include:
- All requirements, details and logistics would be discussed with you in various pre move planning meetings that would be held.
- All required locations would be visited and there would be a detailed site survey.
- All preparations like packing, labelling and sequencing would be made before the move to the set location to ensure relocation is smooth and efficient.
- Outside vendors would be effectively coordinated and they would ensure efficient communication in all areas like support, transport and coverage.
- In some cases, some equipment’s may require non batched packing and loading, or hardware spares for parts of the system to avoid sudden breakdowns when installed and switched on. In other instances some equipment may require climate controlled transportation, all these areas would be covered by the IT relocation expert.
- IT support service to assist you throughout the process and to get you up and running as soon as possible.
Not all relocation companies offer support services. If it is important to your business to provide additional IT support services throughout a moving period or a high volume period of time then you can find IT support around Melbourne who offer a range of services. Most relocation projects could be extended to include extra services such as temporary IT support, asset recovery, computer repair services, and hardware reconfiguration and upgrades.